Printing documents gets more fun when the device is connected to a wireless network. However, the connection process depends upon the model type, and it can be a disheartening task to find the exact steps. You shouldn't get anxious as we've put together a simple tutorial on how to add Brother printer to WiFi with Mac devices.
However, before commencing the printing process, the user needs to ensure that their respective devices come with the WiFi feature. No matter which Mac version you have, here you will get the instructions about adding Brother printer to WiFi with Mac operating system.
Method 1: WPS Mode
One of the preferable methods chosen by every user about how to add Brother printer to WiFi includes WPS. Get to know about the steps which you have in this method are as follows:
- First, check the WPS button on your router and set it with a Brother printer within range.
- Next, check the instructions that come along with the cableless package and tick the WPS button.
- Following this, tap and hold the WiFi button available on the printer.
- Next, hold on the WiFi button for 5 seconds, and the wireless indicator on the printer will start blinking blue.
- Lastly, the Mac devices available on the same network will have printer access.
Apart from that, the user has the choice of add Brother printer to Mac WiFi via Infrastructure Mode.
Method 2: Infrastructure Mode
Get to know about how to add Brother printer to WiFi via Infrastructure mode in this segment of the blog.
- Start the process by ensuring that you have set up the WiFi settings.
- Following this, connect the Brother printer to the WiFi access point.
- Now, take the USB cable that comes along with the box and connect your Mac to your Desktop.
- Afterward, tap and hold the printer WiFi button for at least 1 second.
- With this step, the WiFi feature will start getting activated.
- Next, start setting up the mode on your printing device.
- Further, download the Wireless Wizard Setup Wizard and run the Wireless Device Setup Wizard.
- Now, you need to follow the prompts displayed on the screen and tick the Yes, I have USB cable for installation button.
- Next, go to the Downloads folder and double-tap the available package to start the installation process.
- After the installation comes to an end, change your printer's settings and connect it to your Mac.
- At the new pop-up window, start the Printer Setting Tool and set Wireless Direct to On in the Wireless LAN tab.
- Next, enter the SSID & password and press the Apply button.
- Finally, your Brother printer & Mac are all set for printing purposes.
Let's talk about the 3rd method of how to add Brother printer to WiFi. Although, you are suggested to take a look at the section explained below.
Method 3: Manual Setup Mode
Get to know about the steps revolving around the manual setup of adding Brother printer to Mac WiFi:
- First, switch on your Brother printer and visit your printer's Control Panel.
- After that, press the Menu button, choose the Network option, and tap the OK button.
- Now, you need to choose WLAN and tick the OK option.
- Besides, choose Setup Wizard and click the OK button.
- While accessing the WLAN, choose the ON option and select a network from the manual.
- Following this, the device will ask about whether you want to access WPS or not.
- Now, choose the NO box and enter the network password.
- Next, download and install the Brother printer software and follow the on-screen prompts.
In brief to this post, known for manufacturing numerous electronics, Brother Industries Ltd is a well-reputed Japanese multinational company. Besides, they are known for producing a variety of printers and other devices for their customers. However, it is a very simple task to print with this device as it can be connected to their PCs & smartphones either wirelessly or with a USB cable. However, users need to ensure that both devices are compatible with each other. If you are still facing trouble finding an answer regarding how to add Brother printer to WiFi, then take a look at the FAQs below.