Canon printers are essential devices for computer users. The printer allows users to print photos, documents, and files from their computer. Besides, they offer other features like scanning and copying documents and images. However, the most recent models can also connect with Wi-Fi, enabling printer users to connect their devices from a distance. Thus, this blog will explain how to connect a Canon printer to a Wi-Fi network on your Windows and Mac devices. We will start with a few major features of Canon wireless printers. By the end of the post, you will learn how to connect the Canon printer using a WPS connection method.
Main Features of Canon Wireless Printers
Canon wireless printers are designed for both personal and business purposes. They are the smartest and most efficient devices that can deliver the work in less time. The seamless connection with other devices allows users to perform various print-related tasks. However, the features included in the printers vary from model to model, but still, there are essential features we can discuss here for Canon wireless printers.
Here are the ample features enlisted below:
- Easily connect with computers and mobile phones.
- Compatible to work for long hours without showing any technical glitches.
- It can perform tasks such as scanning, faxing, and copying.
- Produce clear, crisp, and vibrant copies of documents.
- Per Print, the cost is also very low.
- Uses smart ink technology.
Now, let us move toward learning the main topic of how to connect a Canon printer.
Steps to Add Canon Printer to a Wi-Fi Network
Before you start using the Canon printers, you first need to understand how to connect a Canon printer to a wireless Wi-Fi network. Follow this WPS connection method to establish the connection between the Canon printer and the wireless network.
Step 1: Connect the Canon Printer via WPS
Before proceeding, ensure you have a WPS button option in your router. There should also be WPA or WPA2 for security protocol. So please double-check if they are correct or not. Then, make sure everything is working properly and also ensure a stable connection to the internet.
Step 2: Press the WPS Push Button
Find the WPS push button on your wireless Wi-Fi router and press it. Then, navigate to the printer and select the Home button (from touchscreen).
Then, select the Wi-Fi and hold it before pressing the LAN Wireless Setup and then hit OK.
Step 3: Setup the Connection
This is the time when your printer will look for a Wi-Fi network to connect with. Choose your Wi-Fi name and enter the password.
Step 4: Print With the Canon Printer
After a successful connection of your printer to the Wi-Fi network, you can print anything.
Steps to Connect Canon Wireless Printer to Windows 10/11
Below are the easy-to-follow instructions for connecting your Canon wireless printer to your Windows 10/11 PC:
- First of all, connect your Canon printer to the Wi-Fi network on the computer.
- Then, download the printer driver from Canon’s official website, ij.start.canon.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the downloaded file and finish the installation process.
- Next, press the Windows key and R button to launch the Run command.
- Type control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters on the Run dialog box.
- In the following step, you have to hit OK.
- Open the folder named Devices and Printers.
- Next, you will find the Add Printer option.
- Then, click on the Add a Printer and follow the instructions that are visible to your screen.
- After finishing the process, click on OK.
Finally, you are done with your connection process for your Canon printer.
Steps to Connect Canon Wireless Printer to Mac
Here, we will learn the method to connect the Canon wireless printer to Mac computers:
- Turn on the Mac and printer.
- Then, you will need to connect the Canon printer to the Wi-Fi network. You can follow the above section to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- Then, navigate to the ij.start.canon to download the driver.
- Next, finish the driver installation process.
- Afterward, move to the Apple Menu and click System Preferences.
- Then, choose Printers and Scanners from the next prompt screen.
- Further, click on the + sign to add the printer. After this, a pop-up will appear.
- Select your Canon printer and hit the Add button.
- Once your printer is added, you will see the printer’s name on the screen (left side).
- Finally, you are connected to Mac now.
In short, a Canon wireless printer is an innovative tool for business and home uses. The wireless printer is capable of working wirelessly using Wi-Fi. This connection from printer to Wi-Fi can be done on both computer and mobile devices. However, this step-by-step tutorial will help you on how to connect a Canon printer to your Windows and Mac computers via Wi-Fi.