Have you bought your own Brother printer and are looking for a way to use it wirelessly? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered! Setting up a Brother printer is always an exciting task. However, different printers have their own way of connecting it to Wi-Fi. To simplify this setup, Brother printer users can follow this blog, which gives you step-by-step instructions on how to connect Brother printer to Wi-Fi. The blog will teach you two different methods to connect it to a Wi-Fi network on Windows/Mac. These two methods are Infrastructure mode and the WPS push button. Let us first determine the wireless settings. So, we will move to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network on Windows and Mac.
Know Your Wireless Settings
We can’t start connecting the printer to Wi-Fi directly. Before this, you must know your wireless settings. However, the users will need to know about the Network Name (SSID or ESSID) and network Password Network Key, Security Key, and Encryption Key) before connecting their Brother printers to Wi-Fi.
You can find this information on the side of the router. There are chances that you will find the information on the stickers pasted on the router. If you can’t find it on the router, you can check its documentation. Through this documentation, you will find the way to find this information via browser.
Once you have network-related information, you can proceed with the method to connect your Brother printer to a wireless network.
How to Connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi via Infrastructure Mode?
Users can connect their Brother printer to the Wi-Fi network easily via Infrastructure Mode. The setup uses a Wi-Fi access point or router to make the Brother printer wirelessly.
- Turn on your computer and printer.
- You need to connect your Brother printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Then, press the Wi-Fi button while holding it together for one second to switch on the Wi-Fi function.
- Afterward, the Wi-Fi indicator light should blink once after 3 seconds.
- Go to the Printer Setting Tool on the computer and hit the Communication Settings button.
- Click on the Wireless LAN for Selected Interface from the General tab.
- Then, go to the Wireless tab, and from the Wireless Settings, select the Infrastructure option for Communication mode.
- Now, type the SSID you noted and then hit the Search button.
- Afterward, click the SSID from the given list.
- Next, you will need to type a password like Passphrase.
- Finally, hit the Apply button to make changes.
- Use a USB cable in order to connect the printer and Mac computer.
- After this, you need to hold and press the Wi-Fi button for one second. It will enable your Wi-Fi function. Further, you will notice that the Wi-Fi indicator light is flashing.
- Then, you need to start the Wireless Device Setup Wizard mentioned in the printer driver package. After this, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts.
- Further, download the printer driver package if you haven’t downloaded it.
- Afterward, double-click the downloaded file. However, you will find the Device Setup Wizard in the Utilities folder.
- Then, type the SSID and then hit the Search.
- Afterward, you have to select the SSID from the list.
- Once done, enter the password, i.e., Passphrase.
- In the last step, press the Apply button to save the changes you’ve made.
Connecting the Brother printer to a Wi-Fi network via Infrastructure Mode is quite similar for both Windows and Mac computers. Now, let’s see another method to connect the Brother printer to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi Using WPS?
This method is the easiest method that easily connects the Brother printer to Wi-Fi. However, if your router supports WPS, then you can proceed with the steps below:
- Locate the printer within the Wi-Fi range.
- Then, you need to press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router.
- On the other hand, you have to press and hold the Wi-Fi button of the Brother printer for 5 seconds.
- Then, the Wi-Fi indicator (in blue) will flash once after a second.
- Once the connection is installed, the Wi-Fi indicator light will glow in blue color.
- Computers and phones connected to the same network will gain access to the Brother printer.
In short, this blog provides a brief answer to the question of how to connect Brother printer to Wi-Fi. It outlines the wireless settings and gives step-by-step instructions for connecting the printer using two different methods. The first method is Infrastructure Mode, which is suitable for both Windows and Mac users. Also, the WPS method is considered the simpler and more easy option. Feel free to select any method that suits your needs.