Connecting a Canon printer to a laptop wirelessly is quite simple. For this, you need a wireless printer that is ready to connect to your computer, such as Windows/Mac. Canon wireless printers are always the first choice for people who want to perform their printing tasks without the wire clutter. Even if you are using the laptop, you need to connect it via a USB or Ethernet cable. Therefore, users always look for a way to use their printer hassle-free. You are at the right place if you want to make your Canon printer wireless.
Thus, the blog is dedicated to those who want to learn how to connect Canon printer to laptop wirelessly. With this blog, users will understand how to connect their laptop via Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth on Windows and Mac computers.
Connecting Canon Printer to Laptop
There are many methods to connect your Canon printer to a laptop. However, many brands, including HP, Canon, Brother, and Epson, have their own ways of setting up the Canon printer on Wi-Fi networks. In addition, you will find the difference in connecting your printer to a laptop within the same brand.
Therefore, it is recommended to consult your printer’s user manual. If you can’t find yours, try to search the internet using your product name or model number. You can find these names and model numbers on the sticker pasted on your printer. You have to download the user manual only from the manufacturer’s website.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Laptop Wirelessly (Windows)?
The below methods will discuss the procedure to Connect your Canon printer to a Windows computer. Before connecting, ensure you have the latest version of Windows 10 to get the latest driver support. However, we will discuss two methods to make your printer wireless. The First is a Wi-Fi network, and the second is Bluetooth.
Method 1: Via a Wi-Fi Network
Here are the steps to connect a Canon printer via a Wi-Fi network on a Windows computer:
- Go to your Settings, and find the Devices option.
- Further, select Printers & Scanner.
- Then, you have to click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Now, wait for your printer to be visible in the list.
- Once the printer appears, select it and tap the Add Device.
Method 2: Using Bluetooth
Before connecting, you must ensure the printer is turned on to pair up with your computer. You can also refer to your owner’s manual for better instructions.
To turn on the Bluetooth on a Windows computer, follow the below steps:
- On the right-hand side of the taskbar, click on the notification bar.
- A pop-up will appear, then tap the Bluetooth icon to enable it.
- After that, you have to go to Settings.
- Then, select Devices > Printers & Scanners.
- After some time, your printer will appear in the given queues.
- Once it appears, please select it and tap on the Add Device option.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac Laptop Wirelessly?
Below are the steps given for Mac computers. You can use your Canon printer wirelessly on a laptop using a Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth by following the steps below. Let’s start with the Wi-Fi method first.
Method 1: Through Wi-Fi
Have a look at the following instructions to connect the Canon printer to a Mac computer:
- Navigate to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- After that, select Software Update.
- Then, install the new updates, if any.
- After connecting your printer to the same network, make sure you can see the printer in the Nearby Printers.
- If your printer is not visible, you can search it manually. To search, select System Preferences > Printers & Scanners. If you can’t find the printer, click the Add tab. Your Mac will find a new printer.
- Once your printer is visible, click Add.
Method 2: With Bluetooth
If both your Canon printer and Mac support Bluetooth features, you can connect them wirelessly.
To connect your Canon printer wirelessly to your Mac, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- After that, you have to select the Printers & scanners.
- Then, click the Add button and then hit the Default.
- Afterward, you have to select your printer and click Add.
- You can search the printer manually using its name if it is not visible.
- Still, if you can’t find the printer, you need to install the latest Bluetooth driver. You can download it from the manufacturer’s website.
In a nutshell, you might have understood how to connect Canon printer to laptop wirelessly. Since all users are not Windows users, we also mentioned the methods to connect the printer for Mac users. Moreover, we can connect the printer using a Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth. Thus, we have given the instructions for both separately for each platform, including iOS or Windows. The guide and steps are easy to follow, so you don’t need to be tech-savvy to perform the procedure.