This blog is all you need. In this specific blog, you are going to learn the method of downloading the driver from the official website. You also learn about the methods to install the built-in drivers of your Brother printer on Windows 10 and 11. For the complete setup of the printer, it is necessary to follow the right steps and download the compatible drivers. But, many users can make mistakes while doing that. Hence, walk through the whole blog to understand all the methods you can use to download the Brother driver.
Steps to Download Brother Printer Driver Windows 10
Most of the Brother printer drivers come with built-in drivers. So, you just have to install it on your device. Here are the procedures you have to follow in order to install the driver on your Windows 10 device easily.
- At the start of the procedure, you have to connect the Brother printer and Windows 10 device with a USB cable.
- Now, on your Windows 10 device, click on the Start option and choose All Apps.
- Next, go to the Windows System option and choose the Control Panel.
- Afterward, select the option of View devices and printers and then choose Add a printer.
- From the Select a printer field, click on the model number of the Brother printer you are using. (If your printer name does not appear on the list, then click on the option of The printer that I want isn't listed.
- When the Install the printer driver screen opens, then go to the manufacturer list and choose Brother.
- Also, click on the model number of the printer and select Next. (Choose the Windows Update when the model name of your Brother printer does not show up on the screen.)
- If you have already downloaded any driver, then you have to select the option of Replace the current driver.
- And then, you have to select Next.
- Also, it would be best to leave the printer name as it is listed and then select Next.
- Now, you are required to click on the Share option and choose the Next option. (You do not need to select this option if your printer is already connected to a network connection.)
- A confirmation notification will show up on the screen when the driver installation is complete.
- You can print a test page and set the printer as default if you want.
- At the last steps, click on Finish.
Steps to Download Brother Printer Driver Windows 11
The below procedure will help you download the Brother driver on Windows 11.
Step 1: Downloading Drivers
- First and foremost, you have to download the Add Printer Wizard Driver from the official Brother support page.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file to open the ZIP Self Decompression window.
- In the next step, click on the Browse option and then specify the path you want to store the file.
- And then click on the Decompress option.
- When the decompress option is complete, then click on OK.
- Note down the path where you have saved the Add Printer Wizard Driver file.
Step 2: Installing Drivers
- Next, you are required to turn on the machine and then connect it to a network.
- Afterward, go to the Settings and click on the Bluetooth devices option.
- In the next step, select the Devices option.
- Then head to the More devices and printer settings and click on Next.
- Select Add a printer to search for the Brother printer. You have to click on the The printer that I want isn't listed option.
- And then select the option My printer is a little older. Help me find it.
- Windows will locate your printer device on the network. (If your machine does not appear on the screen, then try some quick fixes like rebooting the printer, connecting both devices to the same network, disabling firewall programs, and others.)
- Moreover, click on the Brother machine name from the list and then choose and select next.
- Click on the Have Disk option.
- Now, select browse and then specify the path where you saved the file earlier.
- After that, choose the Open option and then OK.
- If a pop-up opens telling you that a driver has been already installed, then click on Replace The Current Driver and then choose Next.
- After that, follow the instructions and do the steps as per your need.
- Finally, choose the Finish option to complete the process.
Steps to Download Brother Printer Driver Windows 10/11
You can download the Brother printer driver from the official website if you want. These steps will help you to find the compatible drivers and download them.
- First of all, you need to visit the Brother printer official website on a browser on your Windows 10/11.
- Next, type the exact model name of your printer and then press Enter or click on the Search (🔍) icon.
- Then, click on the Download option.
- Now, click on the operating system and its version you are using.
- With the help of the product category, use your Brother product model number to get suitable drivers for your device.
- When a list of drivers shows up on the display, select the Download options for the ones you like to download.
- After the download, open the file and then go along the installation wizard to install the device on your device.