Canon produces a huge collection of wired and wireless printer devices. Wireless devices are more popular among users for their seamless wireless setup process and hassle-free printing. These printers are compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. The setup process of the Canon wireless printer is quite simple and straightforward. But, there are some chances of making mistakes if you are doing it for the first time. If you also want to know the setup process of the Canon printer, then this blog post is going to be beneficial for you. Here, we share the easy guide to download Canon wireless printer drivers, connect it to Wi-Fi, and complete the setup of your device.
Step 1: Connect Canon Wireless Printer to Wi-Fi
If you want to complete the Canon wireless printer setup, then first, you need to connect it to a Wi-Fi network. Here is the process you need to follow for the connection process.
- Plug in the Canon printer to a power socket and then switch it on.
- Move to the printer’s Control Panel and select the Menu option by utilizing the arrow keys.
- Now, from the open options on the printer display, choose Network Settings.
- Afterward, select the Wireless LAN and then select OK.
- Next, head to the Wireless LAN settings and press the OK option.
- Now, type the password for your network connection and see if the connected message shows up on the screen.
Step 2: Download Canon Wireless Printer Drivers on Your Computer
You need to download the Canon printer driver on your Mac or Windows device. You can use the following method for downloading the driver on both operating systems.
- On your computer, first, navigate to Canon’s support official website.
- Then, go to the Search section on the home page and type your printer’s model name.
- After that, from the search result, click on your Canon printer name.
- Next, the support page for your printer model will open on the screen.
- Now, click on the Software and Drivers option on the next page.
- Moreover, you are required to specify the operating system you are using.
- Click on the Download option next to the driver you want to download.
- If you are downloading the driver for the first time, then you have to click on the Recommended driver option.
- When the download of the Canon wireless printer driver is complete, select Yes in the open prompt.
- Next, move forward with the installation process by following the wizard.
Step 3: Connect Canon Printer to Your Windows Computer
When the process of downloading a Canon wireless printer and Wi-Fi connection is complete, you can connect the printer to your device.
- From the Control Panel window, open the Devices and Printers option.
- Then, click on the Add a printer option.
- Now, your Windows device will search for the Canon printer you are using.
- From the results, click on your Canon printer option.
- At the final step, the printer setup process on your Windows device will be complete.
Step 4: Connect Canon Printer to Your Mac Computer (Optional)
Connect the Canon printer to your Mac device to complete the setup process.
- First and foremost, choose the System Settings option from the Apple menu.
- After that, click on the Printers & Scanners option from the sidebar.
- Next, you need to choose the Add Printer, Scanner, or Fax button on the right and then select the Default button.
- Then, click on the Canon printer name from the list.
- Lastly, confirm whether the printer setup has been completed or not.