Let us begin by imagining you’re working with an HP printer that functions smoothly like butter on a pan. But then, all of a sudden, it goes offline. Now, you start becoming anxious, also confused. Your pulse rate increases, especially if you are a new user working on a substantial project. To fix the HP printer offline issue, you need to understand what is causing it to go offline. Although, there are several reasons for your printer to go offline. This blog will provide antidotes by focusing on how to fix HP printer offline issues.
What Does the “HP Printer Offline” Mean?
If a printer goes offline, it might be disconnected from a computer. It is either through a cable or a Wi-Fi network. The printer cannot communicate with your system or receive instructions to receive the files to print. Sometimes, it can directly result from the printer's death or a fault in the internal hardware. If so, you should replace the hardware or buy a new printer. However, these issues are rare issues faced by the user.
The common issues can result from a faulty USB connection, Wi-Fi router or printer driver issues. So, thankfully these issues are easy to fix, and you don’t need to call an expert to aid you with it.
Method 1: Restart Your HP Printer
The primary and common way to fix the offline printer issue is by restarting your system and the printer. Let’s see how to do it.
- If the printer is still turned on, you need to disconnect the power cord from it and remove it from the power source.
- The next step is to switch off the computer or smartphone to which the printer was set up.
- If the printer is connected to a Wi-Fi network, you need to restart the router.
- Then, you must connect the power cord to the printer and the power source again.
- Now, switch on the computer/smartphone.
- Finally, check whether or not the printer reconnects itself to the same Wi-Fi network. You will see whether the printer’s wireless light is solid blue. The wireless light should be solid blue for the printer to be connected.
Method 2: Using HP Smart App
You can fix the HP printer offline issue by using the HP Smart app. The steps include.
- The first step is opening the HP Smart app.
- Once the app opens, search for the Diagnose & Fix icon.
- After finding the Diagnose & Fix option, you need to select the Start option.
- Later, you should wait for the app to complete the analysis. Remember, you should not close the HP Smart app while it is analyzing.
- Finally, after the app completes the analyzing process and presents the result on the diagnostic screen, you must follow the instructions to resolve the issues found.
Method 3: Check Network Connections
In this step, you will be able to fix the issues with Wi-Fi, USB, or Ethernet connections causing your printer to go offline. Perform the steps presented to you in the following order:
- Wi-Fi connection: you must ensure the printer is within 8 meters or 26 feet from the router.
- And then, you need to check the wireless light. The wireless light will be solid blue if your printer is connected to the Wi-Fi.
- If your printer is not connected, the lights will be flashing. To fix the wireless issue, visit HP Printer Setup for further details.
- Next, you need to open the list of available networks on the system. You have to connect it to the same network to which your printer is connected.
- Afterward, checking your system's or mobile device's Wi-Fi signal strength is essential. If the Wi-Fi speed is slow, then restart the router. Connecting to a wireless network will fix the HP printer offline issue.
- However, follow these steps if your printer is connected to an Ethernet cable. First, you need to disconnect the Ethernet cable from the printer and the router.
- Later, you should check for Ethernet cable damage; if the cable is damaged, all you have to do is replace the cable. For the cable to be healthy, you should see eight visible wires on its end.
- Next, you must reconnect the cable to a different LAN or Ethernet port, and after that, connect the cable to the other end of the printer to its respective Ethernet port.
- You must check for two lights once both cable ends are connected. If the Ethernet port is steady, it will light green; if the connection is established, the orange light blinks.
- Suppose you are still asking how to fix HP printer offline, then you need to check its USB connection with the system. First, you need to unplug the printer and computer USB cables.
- Next, you need to inspect the cable for any damages. If the damages are found, then you need to replace the cable.
- Finally, connecting the printer to the USB cable and the other end to the Computer’s USB port would be best.
You need to know certain things to fix the HP printer offline issues. They are checking the network stability and healthiness of USB and Ethernet cables. If you know what is causing the printer to go offline, you can fix it without needing an expert. So, accordingly, this blog tackles the question of how to fix HP printer offline for many reasons. If you follow the steps mentioned, you can get back your HP printer online and continue to use it.
How to set your HP printer as default?
Sometimes, the HP printer goes offline because it is not set as a default printer. To keep the HP printer as default, open the Devices on your Windows Settings. Next, you must select your printer and right-click on it, then select the option “Set as default printer.”
How to uninstall printer drivers?
If the printer is still offline, you need to uninstall the HP printer software. First, you need to remove your HP printer from the Settings menu to do this on your Windows. Later, you must go to the Programs and Features to uninstall the printer drivers. Finally, visit the HP support page, download the relevant driver, and install the same.