Whenever we want to buy any accessories for our computer, we are mostly inclined towards HP. It is because HP maintains its quality with incredible features. That is the reason why it is always in high demand. Besides, the HP printer can show various errors, such as offline errors and others. Therefore, the offline issue must be resolved quickly to ensure the smooth working of the printers. In order to fix this HP printer offline issue, we have mentioned 4 methods in this blog. Throughout this blog, you will also understand the reasons responsible for an offline issue. Now, we will delve into the troubleshooting methods to resolve the printer's offline issues.
Common Causes of HP Printer Offline Issue
There are various reasons why the printer offline issue occurs in your HP printers. Let us have a look at them:
- The printer is disconnected from your devices (computers, tablets, and mobile devices) or the Wi-Fi network, due to which it went offline.
- The insufficiency of power supply can also be the reason for the offline issue.
- The next reason is corrupted and outdated HP printer drivers.
- Sometimes, paper jamming in the printer can also lead your HP printer to go offline.
- Lastly, faulty hardware, such as damage to the power cable or malfunctioning printer components are the possible causes for the HP printer offline issue.
Now, you will learn the various troubleshooting methods to resolve your printer offline issue on Windows 10. Let us delve deeper into this.
Method 1: Check the Network Connection and Your Printer
When you encounter an HP printer offline error, the first thing you will need to do is check the wireless network connection and your HP printer. To check, you can turn off the printer for a few seconds. After 25-30 seconds, you need to turn the printer on again. While doing this, make sure you have plugged the cable firmly.
Method 2: Uncheck the Use Printer Offline Option
In order to resolve the HP printer offline error, you need to close the Use Printer Offline setting. If this setting is enabled, then the printer will not print anything. Therefore, you must follow the following steps to make your printer online again:
- On Windows, go to Settings and choose the Devices option.
- Then select the Printers & Scanners options.
- Afterward, you have to select your HP printer.
- Now, you have to select the Open Queue.
- A new window will open, hit the Printer button, and uncheck from Use Printer Offline.
Method 3: Choose the Set as Default Printer Option
To set your HP printer as the default, you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to the Printers & Scanners setting again.
- Press the HP printer model and select Open Queue.
- Hit the printer and select Set as Default Printer.
Method 4: Fixing via Services
This method is useful only for those whose printer has the WSD port. Otherwise, you can skip this method.
Before we fix the issue, you need to first check the availability of the WSD port on your printer. Now, follow the steps in the section below for the same:
- Again, you have to navigate to the Printers & Scanners setting. Hit the printer and choose the Open Queue.
- Click on the Printer option to expand it further.
- Afterward, choose Properties.
- From the properties window, select the Ports tab. Here, you will need to check whether your printer uses a WSD port.
If you found that your printer uses the WSD port, then you can proceed with the following steps to change Service settings:
- Navigate to the Start menu, search Services, and then select the relevant result to open it.
- Next, you need to scroll down the list to find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication.
- Then, you have to check for the Status and Startup Type columns. If you find Status is not running, you need to right-click and select Start. Note that the Startup type must be Automatic; if it is not, you can right-click them and choose Properties options. And set it as Automatic.
Once it is done, go and check your printer to ensure whether the HP printer offline error persists or not. If it doesn't solve the problem, then you can follow the steps below:
- First, go to printer Settings or the Wireless menu to print the Network Configuration Report.
- Go back to the Ports tab and click the Add Port.
- Then, choose Standard TCP/IP Port and hit the NewPort button.
- In order to add a new port, you will need to use the information mentioned in the Network Configuration Report.
Sometimes, the HP printer offline error can be daunting and frustrating at the same time. However, there are several methods available that can help you resolve them. To make it easier for you, we have compiled all the troubleshooting methods to combat the offline issue in HP printers for Windows 10 users. We have also explained the causes and methods to solve such errors in the easiest way. Try them and print anything with your HP printer uninterruptedly.