Mobile technology is becoming popular, and users spend most of their time with their phones. People like to keep most of their photos on mobile devices stored in their photo libraries or on social media apps like Instagram. Hence, with the help of cloud data storage, you can carry the required documents wherever and whenever making the relevant documents quickly accessible from anywhere. So, if you have access to Wi-Fi or a strong 4G signal, you can easily access it anywhere in your office. This blog will show you how to print from iPhone to a Canon printer.
In addition, mobile technology is changing the way printing is done. You can have the whole world at your fingertips. However, sometimes you may need a physical copy of a document, whether it's a snapshot, a resume, or a document you want to save for your records. With increasing technology, printers come with software that makes printing easier. Many newer printers don't require additional apps or software to work. Therefore, you can print directly using Apple's AirPrint or Google Print technology. How to start printing varies by manufacturer; once you know this, the task becomes easier.
How Can You Print From an iPhone Or iPad With AirPrint?
The latest Canon printers with wireless capabilities have an AirPrint feature that lets the printer easily connect with iPhone or iPad devices and then print directly.
Follow the instructions below to add a Canon printer to an iPhone or iPad with AirPrint:
- Open the file you want to print. It can be on your email, files app, photos app, or anywhere else.
- Find and hit the "Share" button, a square with an arrow pointing up from its center.
- If you can't see this button, select the icon with three horizontal dots of an arrow pointing to the left.
- Then, scroll down in the pop-up until you see a printer icon next to the word "Print."
- Tap "Print" and then "Select Printer" on the next screen at the top.
- Now locate and select the printer's name you want to use.
- Press the word "Print" in blue at the right corner of the screen.
And the AirPrint-enabled printer will be added to the list of your preferred devices and will come as an option for printing. Also, you can add another printer to your iPhone or iPad anytime by following the same steps with your new printer.
How Can You Print From an iPhone Or iPad Without AirPrint?
The AirPrint feature is not available on all printers and especially if the printer is older. Hence, you can print from them wirelessly if they have wireless capability. You only need to download the printer's app from the App store.
To connect the printer on your iPhone or iPad without AirPrint, follow the given steps:
- First of all, launch the printer's app on your device.
- After that, switch on your printer's Wi-Fi.
- Move to your phone or tablet's settings and press the Wi-Fi tab.
- Find your printer under "OTHERS NETWORK" and then tap on it.
- Now, lift your file you need to print and hit the "Share" icon.
- Lastly, you can connect the Canon printer via the app and start printing.
How To Print From iPhone To a Canon Printer Using a USB Cable?
You need to use hardware to print from your iPhone or iPad with a Canon printer that can't connect wirelessly. Hence, you need a USB cable or a USB OTG adapter that connects your iPhone to a USB cable.
Follow the instructions to print from your iPad or iPhone to a Canon printer using a USB cable:
- Switch on your printer and connect one end with the USB cord and another to the USB OTG cord.
- Then, plug another USB OTG cord into your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, a pop-up will appear on your iPhone or iPad, and tap "OK."
- Move to the file you want to print on your iPad or iPhone and tap on the "Share "button.
- You need to select the "Print" option from the Share menu.
- The connected printer should appear near "Printer" on the printer options page.
- At last, tap "Print" in the upper right corner.
Printing from your iPhone or iPad to the Canon printer is not a big deal, and anyone can do this by following the simple steps mentioned above. The Canon mobile printing app is versatile and lets us easily customize the various print options. You should overlook Canon's description of each feature and its detailed information on use to get the best results from this app. In addition, there are wired and wireless options to print from your iPad or iPhone device to the Canon printer.