Canon printers are bought worldwide due to their high quality, reliability, and easy maintenance features. The new-age Canon printers can connect to the wireless network. The wireless feature helps in easy mobile printing. So, wireless printers make a perfect fit for your busy life. Also, the wireless printer's cloud connectivity helps print documents from anywhere from the office or home. Connecting it to the Wi-Fi router and the computer or mobile is easy. In this blog, we will look at how to setup a Canon wireless printer.
How to Add a Canon Printer to Wireless Network?
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a method that helps to connect network devices to a secure Wi-Fi network. While connecting using the WPS method, you don't need to know your SSID or network password. You only need a Wireless Access Point or a router that supports WPS to connect with your Canon wireless printer.
- The first step in the process is connecting the printer to the wireless network before you pair it with the computer.
- Select the Wi-Fi option in the LAN Settings of the printer's home screen.
- Now you will be prompted to the Wi-Fi setting list and select Settings.
- Select the Wi-Fi setup option and continue once you are on the Wi-Fi screen.
- You will get a list of options to connect your printer to the network. Here select the WPS (Push button method.)
- Then on the screen, you will see a message connected to WPS supporting Wi-Fi router and select OK.
- Now, go to the router and locate the WPS button.
- Later, you need to press and hold the WPS button.
- Within 2 minutes, you must select OK on the printer's screen.
- Finally, the printer's screen shows that it is connected to the wireless router.
How to Setup a Canon Printer to Your Computer?
After connecting the Canon printer to the wireless network, you can't automatically start using it for printing. It is because you need to add the printer on your Windows pc, and from there, you can send documents for printing. So, let us see the steps involved in adding a printer to a computer.
- First, you must ensure the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network. Also, your computer should be connected to the same network.
- Now, open the Windows Settings menu from the Start menu.
- Later, you need to select the Devices from the Settings window.
- And select the Printers & Scanners in the left pane of the window.
- Next, you need to add the printer by choosing the option Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Now, the computer will scan for the nearby printers, and as the Canon printer comes in the list, select it.
- Finally, the printer will be added to your Windows pc successfully.
How to Setup a Canon Wireless Printer on a Phone?
A Canon wireless printer can also be connected to your phone. It is a great feature as you always don't need a computer to print documents. You can send documents from your mobile and printer files or photos easily.
- The first step is downloading and installing the Canon Inkjet/SELPHY app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Now, you need to check the stability of the Wi-Fi signal.
- After that, launch the Canon print app on your mobile.
- Next, select the Add Printer option from the app's main screen.
- Then, select Register printer and select Printer Setup.
- Afterward, click on the connection via the wireless router option.
- Further, select the access point or wireless network name.
- Then type the network password and press OK.
- In the following prompt, press OK.
- After the mobile detects the printer, you will have to confirm it.
- And then, select the printer's name and connect your phone to it.
- Once you press OK. Your mobile is connected to the printer, and you can run a test print.
Depending on your needs, Canon wireless printers will help you connect with your private or shared wireless network. So, they are great for printing wirelessly, and you don't need to worry about their printing quality. Hence, learn how to setup a Canon wireless printer today and enjoy printing wirelessly. Also, connecting it to your computer or mobile is easy and takes less time.