Canon printers are one of the top-notch printers used across the world. But as it is an electronic device, you may face technical glitches when you operate it. One of the most common issues you will encounter frequently is why is my Canon printer not printing. If you are a new user facing the same error, you should know how to fix the issue. So, keeping that in mind, in this blog, you will learn the various reasons and methods for fixing when a printer is not printing.
Solution 1: Set Canon as a Default Printer
Follow these steps to make your Canon printer default.
- The first step is to open the Windows Control Panel. You can open the Control Panel through the Start menu or Windows Run.
- Next, you need to select the Devices & Printers option.
- Now, you need to ensure that the Canon printer is your default printer from the list of available printers. If it is not set as a default printer, follow the next step.
- To set it as a default printer, right-click on the same printer and select Set as Default from the list of options you will see.
- Finally, the printer, which is the default printer, will have a 'green check mark' on it.
Solution 2: Clearing the Offline Status
If the printer is showing offline and you need to change it to online, follow these steps.
- The first step is to open the Windows Control Panel. You can open it through the Start menu or Windows Run.
- Next, you must select the Devices & Printers option.er from the catalog and right-tap it.
- Later, you need to select See What's Printing.
- Further, in this new menu, you need to open the printer menu, and you will get a list of options.
- Finally, you need to select Use Printer Offline, and you need to uncheck it.
Solution 3: Deleting Print Jobs from the Queue
Sometimes, you may need to find out if print jobs are stuck in the queue, then you will find yourself asking Why Is My Canon Printer Not Printing? Follow the next steps.
- The first step is to open Windows Run. You can do this by holding Win + R at the same time.
- Next, in the search bar, you need to type services. msc in the bar and press Enter.
- Later, you need to find the Print Spooler, right-tap on it and then select the Stop option.
- Afterward, you must open the Run box again and type 'spool.'
- Now, a Windows File Explorer will open. Here you will select and download the PRINTERS folder.
- Finally, return to the Services window, select the Print Spooler, and press Start.
Solution 4: Troubleshooting the Printer
With a Windows system, you will get an in-built troubleshooter, and you can use this to fix the printer's issue or find what is causing the problem.
- In the first step, you must type Troubleshoot in the search bar from the Start menu or type in the Settings menu.
- Next, you should choose Troubleshoot.
- Further, as you open the Troubleshooter window in Windows 10, you must click on the printer and Run the troubleshooter.
- After selecting it, the troubleshooter starts, and you need to follow the next instructions and complete the troubleshooting process.
In conclusion, many Canon printer users face the issue of the "Canon Printer not responding" problem at least once. This blog offers four methods that will assist you in resolving the printer's problem and finally answer your question of Why is my Canon printer not printing? Your printer may not be responding for a number of reasons, and it is important to find the cause before going for the solution. So carefully go through the methods; if you're still having trouble, it's best to call customer service for assistance.